Don works with married couples who are having conflicts and communication problems in their marriage. He also works with individuals who are struggling with drugs and alcohol, as well as with adolescents who are struggling with various issues such as in school, in relationships, with pornography, substance abuse, self-esteem, or family conflict.
Areas of Special Focus
- Married couples experiencing conflicts and communication problems in their marriage
- Substance Abuse, Chemical Dependency, Drug and Alcohol Abuse (Adults and Adolescents)
- Adolescents with life problems (school, relationships, OCD, pornography, drugs/alcohol, self-esteem, family conflict issues)
Don utilizes a family systems perspective with a solution-focused and relationally-focused approach that helps people resolve their problems and achieve their goals. His approach is to help clients identify strategies and goals for therapy in an atmosphere that is caring and respectful. He also offers faith-based Christian counseling services to those desiring an integration of their Christian faith, coupled with clinical counseling.
Licensures & Certifications
- Minnesota Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Colorado Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Post-Master’s Degree Certification in Marriage and Family Therapy
Education & Additional Training:
- Colorado Christian University, Master’s Degree (MA) in Counseling
- Denver Family Institute, Post Master’s Degree Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Denver Seminary, Christian Theology, Pastoral Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy
To contact Don, please click HERE.