Dr. Gary Vikesland has been working in the mental health field for over 25 years. Over that time, he has developed a diverse base of experience. Gary is a licensed psychologist, a licensed marriage and family therapist, and he is certified as an employee assistance professional.
Gary specializes in treating the following disorders/problems:
- Anxiety Disorders (Phobias & Panic)
- Mood Disorders (Depression & Bipolar)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anger Management
- Alcohol/Drug Addition
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Marital Conflict
- Divorce Recovery
- Men’s Issues
- Spiritual/Faith Related Issues
- Grief & Loss
- Workplace/Occupational Issues
Gary has experience working with people in different occupations, e.g., doctors, nurses, teachers, counselors, police officers, executives, and pastors.
Gary utilizes a cognitive-behavioral and solution-focused short-term counseling approach to assist individuals and families in resolving their problems and achieving their goals. In addition, Gary helps people understand the role that Christ and His grace play in the process of healing and changing.
Licensures & Certifications:
- Licensed Psychologist (LP3160)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (982)
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional
- Capella University, PhD in Psychology
- Pepperdine University, MA in Counseling Psychology
- University of Minnesota, BA in Psychology
- His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage, by Willard F. Harley, Jr.
- The Feeling Good Handbook, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- When Panic Attacks, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty, by Jonathan Grayson, Ph.D.